Join our Cooking class where your child can explore new cuisines, cook with vegetables and have fun!
Expand Your Palate!
Cook Like A Chef!
Explore New Cultures!
Fall 2018 - Food Network Favorites
Enjoy delicious and healthy food by your favorite celebrity chefs in this fun, interactive Cooking class! Recipes Include: Giada’s Pasta Caprese & Kale Caesar Salad, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Tacos with Queso Fresco & Cauliflower Gratin, Jamie Oliver’s Eggplant Bruschetta & Rainbow Salad Wraps, Gordon Ramsay’s Tomato and Mushroom Risotto, Guy Fieri’s Chili, Ree’s Marshmallow Crispy Treats and much more!
- Each lesson students will develop their culinary skills while learning about nutrition, culture and even dining etiquette.
- On the last day of class, parents are invited to our Kid Restaurant, where the parents can see what their kids learned during the session. Get hungry to learn the art of cooking!
- Recipes Include:
Giada’s Pasta Caprese, Kale Caesar Salad, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Tacos with Queso, Fresco, Cauliflower Gratin, Jamie Oliver’s Eggplant Bruschetta, Rainbow Salad Wraps, Gordon Ramsay’s, Tomato and Mushroom Risotto, Guy Fieri’s Chili, Ree’s Marshmallow Crispy Treats and much more
“Jacob absolutely adored Cooking! Every Wednesday he brings me some of what he's made to try and he's SO PROUD. Plus it has totally opened up a whole new world of food for him! I made pesto pasta a few weeks before class started and he looked at it like I was serving him raw squid, but once he made it in class it became his favorite.”
“Every session we have offered cooking through LIFT Enrichment, we have reached maximum enrollment. The kids really enjoy the recipes and working with the chef instructors. It has been a great partnership!”
After School Enrichment Coordinator, Laurence School
- All Souls | Fridays | 3:15pm-4:15pm | 9/14 - 11/16 | Lessons: 9
- American Martyrs | Fridays | 12:50pm-1:50pm | 11/9-12/14 | Lessons: 4
- Arroyo Elementary | Wednesdays | 1:30pm-2:40pm | 10/10-11/14 | Lessons: 6
- Big Springs| Wednesdays | 2:20pm-3:20pm | 10/3-11/14 | Lessons: 7
- Birney Elementary | Mondays | 2:45pm-3:45pm | 9/24-10/29 | Lessons: 6
- Bret Harte | Tuesdays 2:25pm-3:25pm 9/18-11/6 | Lessons: 8
- Circle View | Wednesdays | 12:45pm-1:45pm | Lessons: 8
- Clairbourn School | Tuesdays | 3:15pm-4:15pm | 11/6-1/8 | Lessons: 7
- Coeur D'Alene | Thursdays | 2:45pm-3:45pm | 10/4-11/8 | Lessons: 6
- Corpus Christi | Wed | 3:15pm-4:15pm | 10/3-12/5 | Lessons: 8
- Davis Magnet | Tues & Thurs | 3:05pm-4:05pm | 10/2-11/20 & 10/4-11/29 | Lessons: 7
- El Rincon | Wednesdays | 3:30pm-4:30pm | 10/29-12/10 | Lessons: 6
- Hamilton Elementary | Mondays | 1:40pm-2:40pm | 9/24-11/5 | Lessons: 7
- Harbor View | Fridays | 3:15pm-4:15pm | 11/6-1/15 | Lessons: 9
- Haynes Charter | Mondays | 3:30pm-4:30pm | 10/30-1/15 | Lessons: 8
- Hickory Tree School | Fridays | 3:30pm-4:30pm | 10/26-12/14 | Lessons: 6
- Katherine | Thursdays | 2:30pm-3:30pm | 10/18-11/29 | Lessons: 6
- Lake View| Fridays | 2:30pm-3:30pm | 10/12-11/9 | Lessons: 5
- Laurel Hall | Tuesdays | 3:15pm-4:15pm | 10/2-12/4 | Lessons: 8
- Lincoln | Tues | 2:40pm-3:40pm | 10/2- 11/27 | Lessons: 7
- McKinley | Wednesdays | 1:35pm-2:35pm | 9/19-10/24 | Lessons: 6
- Oak Knoll Montessori | Tuesdays | 3:45pm-4:45pm | 9/11-10/30 | Lessons: 8
- Odyssey Charter | Tuesdays | 2:45pm-3:45pm | 9/18-11/27 | Lessons: 10
- Orchard Hills | Wednesdays | 1:15pm-2:15pm | 12/5-1/30 | Lessons: 7
- Our Lady of Grace | Wednesdays 3:00pm-4:00pm 9/19-11/14 | Thursdays 3:00pm-4:00pm 9/20-11/15 Lessons: 8
- Pasadena Rosebud Academy | Wednesdays | 2:30pm-3:30pm | 9/19-11/14 Lessons: 7
- Roosevelt Elementary | Fridays | 1:50pm-2:50pm, 3:10pm-4:10pm | 9/21-11/30 | Lessons: 10
- Sierra Vista | Wednesdays | 1:20pm-2:20pm | 10/17-11/28 | Lessons: 6
- St Bernard | Mondays | 3:15pm-4:15pm | 9/10-11/5 | Lessons: 7
- St Euphrasia | Fridays | 1:45pm-2:45pm | 9/28-11-16 | Lessons: 7
- St Finbar | Wed | 3:00pm-4:00pm | 10/3-11/14 | Lessons: 6
- St Joachim | Tuesdays | 1:45pm-2:45pm and 3:15pm-4:15pm | 10/2-11/6 | Lessons: 6
- St Jude | Fridays | 2:15pm-3:15pm | 10/26-12/14 | Lessons: 6
- St Mark | Thursdays | 3:15pm-4:15pm | 9/6-11/15 | Lessons: 10
- St Pius V | Mondays | 3:30pm-4:30pm | 11/5-12/17 | Lessons: 6
- Sierra Vista | Wednesdays | 1:20pm-2:20pm | 10/17-11/28 | Lessons: 6
- Stevenson Elementary | Tuesdays | 2:15pm-3:15pm | 11/27-12/18 | Lessons: 4
- Sycamore Elementary | Thursdays | 2:15pm-3:15pm | 11/1-12/6 | Lessons: 6
- Topeka Charter | Mondays | 2:40pm-3:40pm | 9/17-11/5 | Lessons: 8
- Westchester Lutheran | Wednesdays| 3:20pm-4:20pm | 10/31-12/12 | Lessons: 6
- Village View | Wednesdays| 1:00pm-2:00pm | 11/7-12/19 | Lessons: 6
- Visitation | Thursdays| 3:00pm-4:00pm | 9/26-12/13 | Lessons: 7
- Wood Ranch | Mon| 2:15pm-3:15pm | 10/1-11/26 | Lessons: 7
- Zion Lutheran |Thursdays | 3:15pm-4:15pm | 9/20-10/25 | Lessons: 6
Enrollment is limited to 14 students per class. Register today!
Schools We Partner With (80+): All Souls School, Bethany Lutheran School, Beryl Heights Elementary, Big Springs Elementary, Brawerman Elementary, Camino Grove, Chandler Learning Academy, Circle View Elementary, Clairbourn School, CREST Enrichment (SMMUSD), Davis Magnet, Echo Horizon, Egremont School, El Rincon Elementary, First Lutheran School of Torrance, Franklin Ave Elementary, Golden View, Growing Outdoors , Grand View Elementary, Harkhem Hillel Hebrew Academy, Haynes Charter, Hickory Tree School, Holly Avenue, Hugo Reid, John Thomas Dye, Lanai Elementary, Laurence School, Lincoln Elementary, Longley Way, Los Encinos School, Meadows Elementary, Nativity Catholic, Our Lady of Malibu, Our Lady of Peace, Pacific Elementary, Pennekamp Elementary, River Oaks Academy, Robinson Elementary, Roosevelt Elementary, St Angela Merici, St Anastasia, St Cornelius, St. Cyprian, St Gregory Hovsepian, St. Felicitas, St Hedwig, St Lawrence, St Louis of France, St Margaret of Mary, St Mark, St Norbert, St Monica Elementary, San Gabriel Christian, Short Avenue, Township Elementary, Village View, Visitation School, Westchester Lutheran, Westside Neighborhood School, Wood Ranch Elementary, Baldwin Stocker, Culver City Middle School, Topeka Charter, Brookside Charter, Kenter Canyon, Pasadena Rosebud, Wesley School
Testimonials - From Schools
“Thank you so much! It’s always great having you at (our) school. You are great with the kids and put on a really fun show for the parents. (It’s) a wonderful thing to be able to teach kids to eat healthy, use kitchen equipment safely, and try new things.”
- Gricelda Gamboa, Director of Enrichment, Village School
“We've had the Cooking class as a part of our enrichment program at Seven Arrows for several years and it's always a hit with our families. Students enjoy working with their hands and tasting the results of their work; everyone, parents and students, get a delicious, healthy snack!- Sonja Carlson, After-school Coordinator, Seven Arrows Elementary School
“The kids at Children’s Community School enjoyed the cooking class and looked forward to it each week. They liked the process of making the food and loved eating it afterwards.”
- George Nersisyan, After-School Enrichment Director, Children’s Community School
“Everything was great. We look forward to working with your Cooking class each year!”
- Layne Pflierger, After-School Director, John Thomas Dye School
Testimonials - From Parents
“Juliet has been raving about the kale salad and the kale bruschetta that the chef made with the students. She really wants to make the recipes by herself at home. Thanks!”
- Kate, parent
“My son was very proud to share with me the cooking techniques he learned and looked forward to recreating the recipes at home.
– Diane, parent
“My daughter loved it and could not wait to try something new each week. She would call me at work as soon as she got home to tell me what she made (in class) and could not wait for me to try it. She had already made out a shopping list so that she could try making it for the family at home. I think this class is a great opportunity for the kids to try something new and to learn cooking skills!”
- Thea, parent,
“Hailey loves your class so much and we are so grateful. One of her chores is to make Tomato and Basil Bruschetta before dinner at least once a week. It's better than any restaurant we've been to. We've also learned about a number of Italian cities, including Genova, Rome, and Parma. Anyway, she has grown a bunch in your class. Thank you so much.”
- Bob, parent
“Thank you for the love and care that you are putting into your cooking. Niki absolutely loves your class and always looks forward to cooking on Tuesdays.”
- Navid, parent
“My son Otto enjoyed your class very much and loved every dish. He even enjoyed the food prep and cooking process. Thanks!”
- Jessie, mother
“(My son) had a great time and was very proud of the food they made and fun facts he learned. It was all delicious.”
- Lori, parent
“Your classes changed our girl’s life. She cooks more at home. We love all your cooking and recipes. Thank you. We hope to have you in the fall. We will sign up for every single class you have.”
- Joanne, parent
“Thank you for making one of my son’s favorite dishes, Pasta Primavera with all the veggies, as well as incorporating veggies into all of the other recipes he prepared in class.”
- Heather, parent
“The class has been incredibly influential with eating habits at home and it has also provided a focus for my daughter. She has embraced a new confidence which will surely be a big part of her life in future growth. Thank you for offering the class.”
- Omar, parent
“My daughter is really enjoying the cooking class!”
- Heike, parent
“My child loves making the Broccoli slaw. She’s made it twice for two events! It’s a great recipe. Thanks.”
- Jessica, parent
“My son loved his experience at (Cooking) Camp. He was excited about cooking his delicious lunch. The counselors did a great job with the kids - each day was fun and filled with learning”
.- Courtney parent
Why We Chose Food Network Favorites
Who we are - LIFT Enrichment
"LIFT" Enrichment (“Learning Is Fun Time”) is Los Angeles’ leading provider of culinary education programs and partners with 70+ elementary schools and Whole Foods. We help kids learn to eat their vegetables through fun, hands-on cooking classes. We're making pasta, soups, salads, appetizers, veggie sides, desserts and much more. Plus each class include history, science, math and culture.
How is food safety factored into the class experience?
All cold items are transferred to the school using an insulated bag with an ice pack. This commute is typically 1-3 hours to keep the ingredients at an optimal temperature. 90% of our recipes are vegetarian, so when we do bring in a healthy protein such as lean chicken breast or beef, it's transported with extra care. Also, we train our Chef Teachers on safe food handling so they know how to cook all foods to correct levels for consumption.
How do you effectively manage a group of students in elementary school that vary in age?
Another core part of our orientation is classroom management. We use call and response techniques to get the attention of the kids and focus on an orderly progression for each recipe. Students clean their hands frequently and help cleanup all utensils, bowls and cutting boards routinely.
Where do you source your ingredients?
All recipes feature fresh ingredients purchased from local groceries. Check out our recipes to see that most of our ingredients consist of produce such as zucchini, garlic, onion, bell peppers and much more.
What do you teach during class?
Each class focuses on a healthy ingredient to cook into a tasty dish. During class students will learn about nutrition, culture and even dining etiquette.
How do you train your Chef Teachers?
We hire Chef Teachers who have experience working with children and have a passion for cooking. Some are former elementary teachers, or camp counselors while others are private chefs. In our 3-hour Orientation they learn about class management, food safety, class engagement, how to teach and much more. There is also 5-hours of video tutorials of our class mechanics and how to teach each recipe, plus an extensive handbook. We also have regular professional development and weekly roundtables for all chef teachers to get feedback and share class experiences.
How can I see a class?
We have many options for you to experience a class:
1) One of our staff will invite you to watch a class in action taught at a nearby school
2) We can provide references from clients who have partnered with us for 1+ years
3) We have recorded class footage as well as recipe tutorials on YoutubeCauliflower Fried Rice (45k views)
Healthy Zucchini Fritters Kids Can Make
If you have any questions, please call us at 310 890 8704 or email info@LIFTenrichment.com