We started our Virtual Cooking Camp (link to virtualcookingcamp.com) this week and the first breakfast in the “Mangia Italiano” theme was this easy recipe that makes a great breakfast or snack. No cooking is required! Just a bit of chopping…
Ok…to be honest it does involve “toasting” but when I say “cooking” I’m more referring to heating a pan on a stove or baking something in the oven.
Recipe: Caprese Toast:
Try out this new take out this gourmet breakfast with basil, fresh buffalo cheese, and lots of tomato on crispbread.
Active time:10 mins Start to finish: 10 mins Serves: Family of Four
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread (2 per person)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup buffalo or regular mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar (If you don’t have balsamic vinegar, you can use red wine vinegar or any vinegar)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toast the bread slices in a toaster
- Cut the tomato into slices.
- Slice the mozzarella balls into slices
Assemble the toast: To assemble the Caprese toasts, place a slice of bread and cover with a tomato slice. Add a few slices of mozzarella. Garnish toast with fresh basil leaves, and season with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Kosher Salt and freshly ground pepper.
Do you want your child to learn to make Caprese Breakfast Toast as well as 15 other breakfast and lunches in a fun week of virtual cooking camp? Join our Virtual Cooking Camp, we have limited space each week at www.virtualcookingcamp.com